Question:
Can I carry my Handgun in my vehicle?
Isaiah
2018-07-06 12:04:33 UTC
Hello I’m 20’years old and I live in Texas I work as a cable man so I go to a lot of dangerous neighborhoods where I feel pretty sketchy about and no I’m not racist im African American. Can I keep my handgun in my vehicle hidden I saw no clear laws saying I couldn’t and a vehicle is considered a extension of your home
Five answers:
STEVEN F
2018-07-06 23:15:26 UTC
The law is EXTREMELY cleat on this issue. As you just CONFESSED to being CLUELESS on the issue, it is reasonable to conclude YOU can't legally carry a concealed weapon PERIOD.
Rosalie
2018-07-06 13:47:05 UTC
Not sure of the law, but does your employer allow you to carry a gun when you are working?

And would you be keeping it on your person while climbing poles, or keeping it in your truck while you're away from it? Either option sounds like a risk. Don't ever think anything in a vehicle is actually safe or contained - it isn't.

I would suggest that you read this article, because there are likely a lot of other factors involved, including proximity to hazardous materials, and being on land that may be restricted - such as a school. Obviously, with the itinerant nature of your job, you may very well find there are places you shouldn't carry it, and your employer could very easily decline to take the risk. You could be charged with firearms violations by not asking directly, so don't take a flier on this. Get it in writing, if they give you permission.

https://www.littler.com/guns-vehicles-company-parking-lots-now-allowed-in-texas

This is in fact on a slightly different subject, but goes through a lot of points that will be relevant to your case.
David 14
2018-07-06 13:10:25 UTC
A vehicle you don't own is not an extension of your home, but TX law allows concealing a handgun without a license as long you're not a felon. So you should be OK.
The Taxpayer
2018-07-06 12:38:10 UTC
You need a conceal carry permit. The details in Texas I don't know. I'm from another state; but sometimes the gun and ammo need to be in different parts of the vehicle. Your reasons are justified, you should have little difficulty.
Intrinsic Random Event
2018-07-06 12:11:12 UTC
If you want a solid legally sound answer, you'll have to ask the police in your local area. Just visit the local station and ask them, is this OK? They will know better than anyone whether a licensed handgun in the glovebox is a legal problem.